Programs in department
- Outreach Field Health Nursing (PHN & LVNs)
- Nutrition Services: WIC, Registered Dietician Services, Title VI Elders
- Nutrition & Support Services
- Diabetes And Healthy Heart Program
- Community Health Representatives
- Injury Prevention Program
The services provided by the Community Health Department primarily focuses on the health of the community as a whole and its individual members. The goals of the department are directed at three health care levels: health promotion, disease prevention and health maintenance. These services cover Primary, Secondary and Tertiary levels of care.
Services Provided by Outreach Staff
- Home visits and follow-up care under the direction of a medical provider and Public Health Nurse. (The Community Health department is not a licensed home health agency, therefore, the home visit services are limited in the level of nursing and CHR services available)
- Prenatal, postpartum and newborn home visits
- Diabetic and Hypertension Clinics are offered as scheduled and at designated locations. The ultimate goal of the
- Toiyabe Healthy Heart and Diabetes program is to promote optimal health outcomes and the quality of life.
- Toiyabe believes health education is a therapeutic modality.
- Annual Flu clinics
- Communicable disease control in collaboration with medical providers, IHS and County Health Departments.
- Rabies Clinics every year, in coordination with other Indian Health Services.
- Participation in health fairs and health promotion activities.
- Health education to individuals, families and community.
- Medication pickup and delivery, assist patients in medication calendars in collaboration with the pharmacist and medical provider.
- Provide transportation to and from the nearest Toiyabe facility in accordance with Toiyabe transportation guidelines.
- Implement health programs approved by the Board for community needs and grant allocations.
- Provide cooking classes, walking classes, fitness activities to promote healthy lifestyle changes.
- Screening activities – blood pressures, blood sugars, cholesterol checks.
Phone:760-872-2622 and Fax: 760-873-6362